Karen Marschel, RDN, LD, CDE
My passion for helping people with nutrition and diabetes began in college when I started to realize that many of the problems my dad had been dealing with from diabetes could have been prevented. He was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes when I was 12.
When I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes I realized that the food part really IS the hardest. Now I have prediabetes and realize that being 40 something and going through menopause, I have to work even harder to manage weight and prevent Type 2 diabetes!
Over 20 years of helping people with diabetes, nutrition and weight management has taught me that each person has different health concerns and each person needs their own unique solution. My approach is to listen to your concerns, provide effective strategies, and help you reach your vision of wellness.
Strategies include mindful eating workshops, problem-solving coaching, and creating your disease fighting food plan, to make your vision of mind-body wellness a reality!
My Professional Experience
- Over 20 years experience in clinical, community and coaching work for diabetes and weight management.
- 1993 graduate of Viterbo College, LaCrosse, WI with a B.S. degree in Community and Medical Dietetics.
- RDN (registered dietitian nutritionist) since 1993, Licensed in Minnesota.
- CDE (certified diabetes educator) since 1996.
- Certified LEAP therapist for health problems related to food sensitivities.
- Training completed with Wellcoaches.
- Licensed Facilitator for Am I Hungry® mindful eating program.